Sunday, May 8, 2011

So it wasn't my best parenting moment...

Let me start off by saying that Quirky absolutely loves the David Books by David Shannon. So much in fact that she has been mimicking some of the actions...
like washing her mouth out with soap. Dork was upstairs supervising the whole bath process. I heard a commotion and from the bits and pieces of what I heard came to the understanding that Quirky had decided to taste the soap and apparently was blowing bubbles. I could have let this go...I should have let this go. Did I? No. Later as I am tucking Quirky in to bed out of my mouth comes..."If you keep eating soap you are going to blow bubbles out of your behind." Maybe its old age...maybe my mouth is just quicker than my brain sometimes...it much more likely that sometimes I just want to hear Quirky laugh. Its like a small piece of heaven...watching and listening to her laugh. Do I regret my words? Not yet...but ask me when Quirky tries to test my theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment