Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shake...Rattle...

It's Sunday morning...Dork is gone...Quirky is upstairs still in bed...and even Oscar is being quiet. Silence...nothing but the birds outside. I quickly make my morning cup of coffee and dash for the sun room and settle in with a warm blanket and my new book. Ahhhh...peace...quiet....relaxation. Nope. Not a chance. As soon as I sit down the rumbling starts....then rattling of the window panes...the spoon in my coffee cup begins to vibrate. My first thought...stupid airplanes. You see where we live we get lots of planes going overhead. They make a lot of noise and yes they shake the house but they go by so fast the noise is usually short lived. This noise however kept going...and going. We are not in an earthquake zone...are we? Turns out we are. Well at least Quirky's doll house is. Quirky had woke up and decided today was the day for a massive earthquake...at least a 9 on the Richter scale. Furniture was everywhere....she was shaking the house and bouncing up and down on the floor. After a slight intervention from mom the quake stopped....I'm just hoping there are no after shocks. Oh yeah...don't worry no dolls were hurt in the quake.

No comments:

Post a Comment