Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One can never be too safe...

or can you? Its been warm here lately. So warm and beautiful that Quirky and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors playing. We have been having a marvelous time...playing ball...drawing with chalk...playing with bubbles...wearing helmets...wait a minute..."What?" you ask. "Oh wait I see...you were riding bikes?" NOPE...
You see Quirky has taken to wearing her bicycle helmet every time we go outside. It doesn't matter if she is riding her bike or roller skating. She wears it when she plays with bubbles or draws with her chalk. Did I find this a little odd? Of course I did...but this is Quirky after all and like most things she does...well this was just quirky. But being me...I am a nerd after all and well nerds like to figure things out. It was a quest...why was Quirky wearing the helmet? I watched...I wondered...and I finally asked. "Quirky...why are you wearing your bicycle helmet?" Then she gives me this strange look...and said, "Its my sap protector. He helps keeps my head clean from tree sap." How silly of me to have to ask...I mean doesn't everyone need a sap protector. You just never no when one may be struck by falling sap! What can I say...that is just so Quirky!

No comments:

Post a Comment