Friday, January 18, 2013

Chicken And Rice Soup By The Bowl

Most of my quick recipes happen out of necessity..."Mom, can I have soup for lunch?" "Ummmmm...sure, just let me pull out my magic wand." Poof! Soup a la Harry Potter style...no not really. What do you really do when you are looking at cabinet with none of your Quirky girl's favorite soups inside...
tell her yes and then make up your own recipe as you go. Lucky for me I had some useful leftovers in the fridge...chicken, rice...add in some frozen mixed vegetables and chicken stock and well...there you go. Soup. It's not rocket science but here is break down of what I did anyway...


1/4 cup diced leftover grilled chicken
1/4 cup frozen vegetables
1/2 teaspoon dry chicken stock
1 cup of water (warmed)
1/2 cup cooked rice

In a microwave safe bowl, thoroughly mix together dry chicken stock and water. Add rest of ingredients...microwave until hot. Then bask in the glory of just having made your kid "homemade" soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment