Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sculpture Mini Class

Sculpture Mini Projects
I posted recently about the iTunes University class called Introduction to Comics, well in addition to the comic drawing lessons it also has lessons on sculpting. The course once again was set up as short instructional videos and geared toward a younger audience, but not so juvenile not to be worth it. And although clay is not usually Quirky's medium of choice, nor mine, I still felt that having her continue with the course was worth our time. Due to our lack of resources...ie we don't own a kiln, we chose to use air dry clay.
Her mermaid is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire inspired, the duck I'm not sure about. I think she did a pretty good job, course I may be a little biased...I think she's great in just about everything that she does. I think with most art lessons we cover, whether it's through iTunes University, one on one, or some other source, the trick is to let her absorb the techniques and then make them her own. We still have plenty of air dry clay left...just waiting to be used. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment