Saturday, June 14, 2014

Peanut Butter Mug Cake with Chocolate Frosting

We are not a family who has dessert after every meal, but sometimes, you are left wanting and the only way to fill the void is with something sweet. You know what I mean...another helping of broccoli or potatoes is just not going to do it. Another slice of roast beef is just going to make you mad. If you were kid you might pout and throw a fit because you wanted it so bad. Tonight was one of those nights for me. I wanted something sweet with minimal effort; I wanted something sweet fast. Having seen pictures of mug cakes all over Pinterest and the internet I knew the basics so I felt that was the best way to go to satisfy my craving.

I decided to combine two of my favorite things, peanut butter and chocolate, to make one that I hoped would turn out delicious. I was not disappointed. They turned out moist and a cross somewhere between cake and cookie. After spreading them chocolate frosting that I forgot I had, and sprinkling them with chopped nuts they were nothing short of delicious. ( Turns out I had store bought icing in the pantry, lucky I forgot or I would have probably ate it straight from the tub like some deranged chocoholic. ) I was even nice enough to make one for both Quirky and Dork. From the silence around the table and the scrape of spoons in the bowl I would say they liked them too. 

My sweet tooth is soothed and the best part is it took less than five minutes to make. I will definitely be trying some more of these. Mind is going crazy with ideas...maybe a coconut cake or a red velvet cake. Oh the possibilities are endless. Here is what I did:

Peanut Butter Mug Cake

1/4 cup Self Rising Flour
2 Tbs Sugar
1 Tbs Peanut Butter
1 Tbs melted butter

In a small mug or ramekin, mix all ingredients until completely blended. Be sure to scrape the bottom well to get all of the flour. Place in microwave and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until done. Be sure not to over fill your mug or ramekin, the cake will rise. Let cool and then ice with chocolate icing if you have it, or sprinkle with chocolate chips, drizzle with chocolate syrup, or devour straight from the microwave as is. Either way it's going to be delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment