Thursday, June 19, 2014

Single Serving Peanut Butter Banana Bread

This little bread was moist and delicious, and it was made in the microwave. Yep...I told you I would be revisiting the whole mug cake in the microwave concept. For some reason today,  that I'm beyond comprehending, my fever addled brain kept telling my stomach that it wanted banana bread. Since I am battling the dreaded summer cold, and quite frankly don't feel like standing up long enough to make "real" banana bread, I decided to revisit the mug cake concept. So with a handful of ingredients and less than five minutes I managed to calm the craving. This is what I did:

Peanut Butter Banana Mug Bread
1 overripe banana
1/2 tbs sugar
1 tbs peanut butter
4-5 tbs of self rising flour

Mash the banana until it is the consistency of baby food. Stir in the sugar. Stir in peanut butter until it is well blended. Slowly add in flour, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture resembles a thick batter. Pour mixture into an extra large mug or ramekin and microwave on high for 1 minute.

 It turned out moist with some of the banana bits still soft and gooey. It made a large portion so I played nice and called Quirky down from her room to share. She didn't say much as she shoveled it in her mouth, but I'm assuming that she liked it. 

Here are my thoughts on this "recipe". One I'm thinking that next time I may omit the sugar, just to see how it will turn out. Second, I'm thinking that this would be a great base for a banana pudding, served warm with a cup of coffee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment