Thursday, July 24, 2014

Coffee Cake for One

After dinner Quirky and I had a taste for something sweet, so we decided to whip together two quick microwave cakes. Once we got in the kitchen, Quirky and I realized that we wanted two different things, and well that led two completely different little cakes. For myself, we decided to make a "coffee" cake. This little cake turned out delicious and was just what I needed to satisfy both my sweet tooth and my coffee cravings. Here is what we did:


Coffee Cake for One

3 tbs. Self-rising flour
1 rounded tsp. of instant coffee
1 tbs. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Canola oil
Milk ( abt. 3 tbs.)
Chocolate Syrup

In a small ramekin, or mug, mix together the flour, coffee, and sugar until well blended. Next pour in the oil, and milk 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring in between each addition. Once it reaches a batter consistency it is ready to cook. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Allow to cool for just a moment, then use a toothpick to poke holes down into the cake. Drizzle the cake with the chocolate syrup, allow it to sit for a moment to allow the chocolate to seep down into the cake. Serve warm with coffee or milk. 

I really do love these little cakes. They allow me to indulge without over doing it. Tomorrow I'll tell you all about how Quirky personalized her little cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment