Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Delicious Boston Brown Bread

Recently, browsing through my local library, I ran across a cookbook called, Pillsbury, Best Muffins and Quick Breads. I quickly decided to check it out. It turned out to be a great book with more than one recipe I want to try. I decided first to try their recipe for  quick Boston Brown Bread. The bread turned out moist, sweet, and delicious. Because neither Quirky nor Dork are fans of raisins, I omitted those from my bread. Using their recipe, I made two loaves.

With a slight nod to the way traditional Boston Brown Bread is served with Boston Baked Beans, I served it with Beanie Weanies. Yes...you read me right. I said Beanie Weanies, probably not healthy but make a great quick meal. They went perfectly together. Quirky and Dorked sopped up the juices and wanted more bread.

The next day I still had a half a loaf left, so I decided to use it to make Quirky and I some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Now the bread tasted great with the beans, but grilled turned it into perfection. The sugars in the bread caramelized and gave a nice crusty crunch to the sandwich. It was quite frankly...delicious. I could have eaten two more. 

This is definitely a recipe that I will be trying again. I highly suggest you find the book and try it yourself. Quick, easy, and delicious...right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment