Friday, October 24, 2014

Sweet and Spicy Tuna Salad

I remember as a child eating "Tuna Salad" with my mom, which consisted mostly of Dukes mayonnaise and a little bit of tuna. Needless to say it wasn't a healthy meal, but I remember as a kid loving the moist and tangy concoction served on white bread. Maybe because it was the recipe or maybe it was just the time I spent with my mom. As an adult I still like tuna, but my tastebuds have evolved a little bit and just plain mayonnaise just doesn't cut it anymore. So today I threw together my own sweet and spicy tuna salad. This is what I did...


Sweet and Spicy Tuna Salad

Canned Albacore Tuna packed in Water
1/2 Small Sweet Apple Diced
1/2 Medium Zuchinni Diced
2 tbs. Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
2 tbs. Smoked Chipotle Hot Sauce

Mix together tuna, apple, and zucchini in a bowl. In a small ramekin mix together the mayo and the hot sauce until well blended. Stir the spicy mayo into the tuna, apple, and zucchini until well coated. Serve with whole wheat tortilla wedges. Yummy.

Would my mom eat this? Definitely not, it consists of two things that she never really cared for...fruits and vegetables. To me though it was a delicious blend of sweet and hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment