Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What the...

Sometimes things just coming rolling out of Quirky's mouth. Things that we are amazed, confused and sometimes appalled to hear. Sometimes they are good things (as in WOW! How did you learn that?) and sometimes not so good (as in where did you hear THAT!)  Recently Dork and I were faced with one of those moments...
and it was not of the good...Wow! I am amazed kind of moments either. It was definitely of the WHOA! Who taught you to say that?...or where did you hear that variety. So what did Quirky say that has me up on my soap box again? Well.....she said...(insert long drawn out over dramatic pause here) She said...WHAT THE FUDGE? OK. Some of you are laughing right now...laughing because you were expecting worse while others of you may be just as appalled. Dork and I felt that it was just way to close to other similar but much more "colorful" sayings that unfortunately are not hard to hear if you venture out in public. After trying to explain that what she said was inappropriate (our favorite saying) and finally succeeding, we moved on to the dreaded...Where did you hear that? School of course. That wonderful place were kids go to learn a multitude of wonderful social skills. A foul mouth being one of the more important ones. Apparently one of the little boys in her class says it quite often. So glad I put my child in public school...just think how unsocialized and uncivilized she would be had I not subjected her to all these little foul mouths. Homeschooling anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment