Sunday, June 29, 2014

Quick Delicious Corn on the Cob

Sometimes the simplest way is the best. Take this recipe for instance, if you can even truly call it a recipe. To me it just simple, delicious, and something I've been doing for years. In all the years that I have made corn this way I have just never let Quirky help. Why I don't know, maybe because it was simple that I did it without even thinking about. Oh well...whatever the reason for not doing it in the past, today was a perfect day for us try this recipe together.

I think it might have taken us longer to shuck the corn than it did prepare the corn to cook. Quirky can sometimes be very meticulous about things, and in this case she was determined to find every single tiny piece of corn silk.  After the corn was shucked and cleaned, I layer out a piece of foil for each ear of corn.
Then came the part Quirky liked best, rubbing butter into the ear of corn with your bare hands. It was a messy experience. Then a light sprinkle of garlic powder and an Italian seasoning blend. (  I have also used just a dash of chili powder and paprika. Delicious with a slight spicy kick. )
We popped them in the oven and baked them for 30 minutes on 400°F. They turned sweet, flavorful, and tender crisp. In other words...perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment