Friday, November 18, 2011

Flashback Friday...Roaring

Quirky and I went to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tonight at our local community theater. Quirky sitting still for over and hour and watching a play is an accomplishment in itself...but that is not what I am here to talk about. No tonight something happened...or should I say didn't happen. I was amazed...


what am I talking about? Roaring....yes roaring. A sound that Quirky has never been able to stand. A sound that has up until tonight always ended in tears. A sound that often made Quirky run in fear from children much smaller than her.
 Now you might be asking why in the world would I take her to see a play that has a lion as one of the main characters if Quirky can't stand roaring. Two reasons...one of her good friends was in the play...and mom has been so scattered brained lately that I FORGOT there was a lion in the play. Yes...I do realize the word is in the title but apparently that just didn't click...until the lion walked out on the stage. In my head I was panicking....How quickly can I pick up a over 70 pound kid  and run out of the room with her...How quickly can I get this under control. Turns out I didn't need to do anything. Quirky handled it well. She kept herself under control. Yes she was upset...yes she was on the verge of tears and panic...but she didn't.
 As little as a year ago this would have been a completely different post. A post more fitting for Fits and More...not Flashback Friday. A year ago it would have meant a whole bunch of tears...panic...and the end of our evening. Then more tears and fits because Quirky would be mad because we were leaving...but too scared to stay. But none of those things happened. I am amazed and proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment