Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Peppers

Dork will not be home for dinner tonight, so it was just dinner for two at our house. I decided to use up some leftover grilled chicken and some fresh bell peppers I had on hand to make some stuffed bell peppers. I made one for each of us, and served it with a romaine lettuce and almond salad. I thought it turned out to be a delicious dinner, and since Quirky practically inhaled hers, I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it to. Here is what I did:


Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Bell a Peppers

2 Medium to Large Bell Peppers
1 Boneless/ Skinless Grilled Chicken Breast 
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (a frozen carrot, corn, peas, Greenbeans blend)
1/4 cup Orange Tomato Soup (un diluted)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese blend
Sour Cream

First slice the tops of your bell peppers off and clean out the insides, being sure to remove all the seeds. Next dice up the chicken breast into small chunks and set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl defrost the mixed vegetables, and then toss in the chicken. Next stir in a 1/4 cup of cheese, and finally stir in the 1/4 cup of orange tomato soup. Distribute the mixture evenly between the two bell peppers and coat the tops with a spoonful of the soup. Bake in the oven at 450°F for about 20-30 minutes or until the sides of the peppers are tender crisp. For the last few minutes of cooking time, sprinkle the top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Like I said, these turned out delicious, and they were quick enough that I might even make these for lunch occasionally. I also keep thinking of all kinds of vegetable combinations that could work just as well...the possibilities are simply endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment