Wednesday, April 24, 2019

READING THROUGH THE UNITED STATES...ARIZONA

Arizona...

Image Credit Clipart Panda
My first initial panicked thoughts, when the title of my Arizona choice came up in my search, was no way...absolutely not. This wasn’t happening, keep on looking. There was just no way, with a title like that, I could manage the stress of reading this book. Really...it would just be too much. Too many horrible memories of suffering through high school British Literature. Okay, so I’m being just a tad melodramatic. The title was Paradise Lost after all.


Why did I end up reading the book? Honestly...availability at my local library. Out of all the choices that I found, this was the only one I could find at the time. Go figure. Sometimes I guess fate has a way of just making the choice for you. 

The novel I speak of is Paradise Lost by J.A. Jance. The general plot line, is the Sheriff’s daughter and her friend find a dead woman in the woods. Later the friend ends up dead as well. Could it be that the killer is after the girls who found the body? So now you have one worried mom and busy sheriff all rolled up into one. 

Over all the novel was not bad, but not great either. It was a quick and easy read. I liked the fact that the main character was a woman in a position of power. Go women! I did not like the melodrama the author created in the Sheriff’s marriage. The author ended up making a strong female character sound like a jealous teenager. Ugh! 

Would I read more by this author? Yes. I think her style of writing it perfect for a weekend or vacation read. Nothing to taxing on the brain. A relaxing read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment